Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ceci nest pas un chat?

It's definitely not a pipe. It's probably a cat, though the title suggests otherwise. Inspired by René Magritte's pipe. There is a similarity maybe. I try to paint my cats a way they can't be. Square an fantastic, but unreal colors. Then this is a black cat. Well, it's maybe impossible to have blue tiger stripes, black cats exists. We got living proof in and around the house.

It was inspired by a fan on the Philippines. He also like cats and he likes my cat paintings too. He asked me if I could do a black cat... Well, here it is. It's not my first black cat actually. Also my "Chat a vapeur" is black.

According my cat fan: "Haha.. Wow nice cat!  A black cat is really nice! Although in some cultures, it is considered a bad luck"
Acryl on Canvas, 10 x 10 cm, "Ceci nést pas un chat noir"

No comments:

Post a Comment