Friday, July 15, 2011

I want Candy!!!

Sometimes you got to try something different. Not sure if I like it, but I used a background that does not look impossible anymore. In my teenage years I painted trees. Somehow one of these trees made it to this painting. I have painted this cat two times. I wasn't happy with the first version. It was also a pink cat, but not bright enough. Also I used cheap paint from a department store called the HEMA. I should stick to my own acrylic paint now.
Hey, that's not candy. Well, it's cat candy I guess. Our cat got one too last week.We only found a few feathers. It's better than with mouses. He doesn't like livers.
Subtitle taken from the first full album of one of my favorite avantgarde groups of the 80's, Mekanik Kommando. "It would be quiet in the woos if only a few birds sing their song" is still one of my favorite albums, which I play from time to time on my iPod.
Would there be only a few birds because of my "Candy Ripper" is hopping around, or is it because they all have to live in that lonely small tree?
"Candy Ripper", Acryl on canvas, 10 x 10 cm, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment