Tuesday, February 11, 2014

M*A*S*H*


I served my country as a laborant in a field hospital, at the entrance of the surgery. The Dutch variant of this hospital is called an LCVH, but internationally it's better known as a MASH (Mobile Army Surgery Hospital). My company operated internationally under the name 121 MASH (121 LCVH-cie). Somehow I got the idea of reflecting my service time (which was actually a very good time) in some of my cat paintings.
I think this cat is th master of the band aid room. I wanted to do a dessert pink background, but when I finished it looked more like the Hansaplast sticky plasters you use to put on small wounds. Hansaplast is in most countries known as Elastoplast. 
I think this is a funny coincidence. 
Introducing a kind of self invented Army Stencil font.
"MASH Cat", Acryl on Canvas, 20 x 20 cm, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment