Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Holy Cats, then and now!

The "First Aid" teacher of the Red Cross I got my lessons from paints traditional icons. I was a bit inspired by her stories. She has to pray a lot before she can start painting and she uses only the original ingredients to make paint. I do not know if it is always healthy. To get the right shade of yellow she used special cadmium components.

I thought it's nice to introduce holy cats. I have painted several already. My mother still thinks it's a setting sun behind the cats...
My first Holy Cat. I painted it about a year ago, using a lot of paint. This is a sitting cat with a dead bird. A few days before I painted this Azrael came in the house with a living bird. He ate the bird almost totally, only leaving the tail feathers. This tortoise cat can do this too. It's a holy cat! Acryl on canvas, 20 x 20 cm, "untitled", 2009.
The text on the cat says "Holy Cat". This holy cat is strolling in the magenta night. It looks like his aureole is like a torch into the dark night. "Blue Moon Holy Cat" Acryl on canvas, 20 x 20 cm, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment