Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Shifty Pete.


For our school play, we needed a "Mondrain" for one of the scenes. The story of the play took place in a Dutch Museum. It looked simple, but it was three days work, with quite some frustration (different types of paint were used, but after some problems, I bought several tubes of acryl paint to work much faster). I had the idea to paint this cat direct after the play, but it took me some months to get me to it. 


My painting crew.


One of Bram's class mates came over to our house when I was Painting and said: "Ah, a Pete Mondrian". I never stood still by he fact his first name was Pete. As the cat has a shifted Mondrian scheme, I thought "Shifty Pete" would be a proper name. 

"Shifty Pete", Acryl on Canvas, 10 x 10 cm, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment