Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jungle Love

I made a similar color scheme in the past. It's a striking combination. The orange part was a bit difficult. Unfortunately my orange acryl paint did not cover very well. Therefore the orange cat consist of about 5 or 6 layers of paint. I finished the orange part with small red neon red dots. The tiger stripes are in phthaloblue, a color that seems to become a favorite accent color of me. It's a real Jungle cat. This cat loves the Jungle. Jungle liebe, Dschungel liebe. The title was inspired by a song of Zaza, "Dschungel Liebe" (Jungle Love). It was not easy to find the track as I didn't remember the artist name well and did not expect that Jungle was spelled Dschungel in German...

I had experiments at school. One of the students came to me and asked: "Can you paint a cat for me, I like them so much". Before I could say something, she continued: "Can you do something with green?". I took my iPhone and showed this painting, which was finished a few days ago. She liked it, so I said: "No problem, it's yours". Eva was a bit panicking at home when I said one of my new paintings had a new destination, since she seem to like on or two of my new cats.
"Jungle Liebe", acryl on canvas, 10 x 10 cm, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment