Monday, March 19, 2012

Gold und Liebe

At the graduation at school this year (I guess that was in June) there were two girlfriends of someone I had given a cat in the past. They both liked that cat so they came to me when they had the chance. One of the girls liked my Purple Sweets Square Cat. I told her that it was hers if she wanted it. A few weeks later I saw here cycling in the street, when I wa in the garden, so I called her and gave her that cat.
For the other girl it was easy for me what to paint, but I first needed to get the right paint. At that time she was on a school for goldsmiths. Recently she changed school and is now learning for Physic teacher. Well, I combined that thought and made the silve cat (right). I was not sure how the gold paint would be, because it looks dirty brown when applied on the canvas, but when the paint dries, it gives a very nice gold metallic tone. Also I was surprised I only needed one or two layers to cover completely. Quite surprised I like these metallic paints. I must use them more often. After I saw the result of the silver cat, I decided it needed a twin brother in gold. They should go to their new owner together.
"Physics of a Gold Cat", acryl on canvas, 10 x 10 cm, 2011.
In the decoration there is the Japanese sign for gold (money) used: 金
"Physics of a Silver Cat", acryl on canvas, 10 x 10 cm, 2011.
I think it's obvious what 銀 means :-)
I am so going to miss these two cats when they are gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment