Saturday, May 16, 2015

A Rayo Cat


My little nephew Rayo also draws cats. Although completely different from what I do, he has also an unique style. I recently got a drawing from him. I thought it would be nice to make a special cat for him in return. The color scheme is based upon the drawing of a cat, found on my sister in law's toilet wall. I couldn't resist to take a photo. This is the actual print I used for painting a cat for Rayo.


The Cat I got from Rayo. It's a little different and has some other colors. A two tone head would be nice too, but that's quite difficult on a 10 x 10 cm canvas. 




Rayo's cat transformed in my style cat. As he has a simple name, it was also simple to translate into Katakana and put on the flank of the Rayo cat. ラヨ.


"Rayo", Acryl on canvas, 10 x 10 cm, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment